u乐娱乐平台手机登录

u乐娱乐平台手机登录

FIFA前副主席被引渡至美国(英文)

2018-02-05 16:08:03编辑:魏鼠人气:



摘要:美国针对国际足联的贪腐调查取得进展周三,前FIFA副主席杰弗瑞·韦伯被引渡至美国他和其他7名FIFA官员于5月初在瑞士被捕,被控涉嫌一系列巨额贪污受贿美国执法机构自5月开始对国际足联进行一系列贪腐调查,目前确定涉案的前FIFA官员已有14人2018年、2022年世界杯申办过程中的行贿受贿问题引人关注 United States prosecutors have extradited a topFIFA executive arrested in Switzerland as part of their investigation of corruption in world soccer, and on Thursday they revealed that they had been engaged in plea negotiations with another defendant charged in the case. Jeffrey Webb, who was arrested in an early-morning raid in Switzerland in May, agreed to extradition and is currently in the United States, a person who has been briefed on the investigation confirmed Thursday.Mr. Webb is the first of the 14 soccer officials and marketing executives indicted in May to be sent to the United States from abroad. The Swiss Justice Department said last week that one of the seven FIFA officials arrested and detained in Switzerland had agreed to be extradited in a simplified procedure but did not name the official. Until his indictment, Mr. Webb, a native of the Cayman Islands, had been the president of Concacaf, the regional confederation representing Central and North America and the Caribbean. He was also a vice president of FIFA, and he was known for calling for reform within the organization. The indictment charged that he asked for bribes in return for the lucrative television deals regarding soccer games. It was unclear when Mr. Webb would make his first United States court appearance. His lawyer could not immediately be reached for comment. Another defendant, Aaron Davidson, a sports marketing executive who was arrested in Florida, is in talks for a plea deal, prosecutors in the Eastern District of New York reported in a letter updating Judge Raymond J. Dearie on the 14 defendants. Mr. Davidson was arraigned in May and released on a $5 million bond. In the letter, prosecutors provided information on the records they had amassed in discussing the evidence they have begun turning over to Mr. Davidson: “audio recordings in multiple languages; bank, wire transfer, and other financial records; contracts in multiple languages; emails, text messages, and other correspondence in multiple languages; meeting minutes; travel records; handwritten notes,” and records seized via search warrants at Concacaf offices in Miami. Prosecutors have also requested evidence for the case from foreign countries, including Switzerland, they wrote. Swiss prosecutors are conducting their own investigation of FIFA; that probe was initially related to the bidding for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, but it has since been expanded to include more than 50 suspicious banking relationships. A status conference in Mr. Davidson’s case is scheduled for Friday. The racketeering and corruption case against the 14 officials and executives, brought in May, sent shock waves through the soccer world. Though many had complained of corruption within FIFA’s ranks for years and had questioned how it awarded the hosting rights to the World Cup, United States prosecutors bringing a case against so many officials at once startled soccer fans and executives. The arrests, several made in the morning at a Swiss lakeside hotel where soccer officials had gathered for FIFA’s annual congress, only added to the drama. The case led to the June announcement by Sepp Blatter, FIFA’s longtime president, that he would step down. Mr. Blatter has not been charged, but prosecutors have said he remains a target of their investigation. The United States embassy in Bern submitted formal extradition requests on July 2 for the seven people arrested in Switzerland, prosecutors wrote. One of those — Mr. Webb, though he is not named in the prosecutors’ letter — agreed to be extradited, and the other six are undergoing extradition proceedings. All seven, as well as Mr. Davidson and several former soccer officials, have been provisionally barred from all soccer-related activities by FIFA’s ethics committee. Mr. Webb was also provisionally barred by Concacaf. Mr. Davidson and five other defendants — the former FIFA executive committee members Jack Warner and Nicolás Leoz and the South American sports marketing executives Alejandro Burzaco, Hugo Jinkis and Mariano Jinkis — were arrested abroad and “proceedings are ongoing in each of those countries,” prosecutors said. Mr. Warner turned himself in to the police in Trinidad, and Mr. Leoz, 86, is under house arrest in Paraguay. Mr. Burzaco surrendered to the authorities in Italy, and the Jinkises did the same in Argentina. The last defendant, José Margulies, a Brazilian, 
(来源:)

u乐娱乐平台手机登录二维码生成器
已推荐
0
  • 凡本网注明"来源:u乐娱乐平台手机登录的所有作品,版权均属于中u乐娱乐平台手机登录,转载请必须注明中u乐娱乐平台手机登录,。违反者本网将追究相关法律责任。
  • 本网转载并注明自其它来源的作品,目的在于传递更多信息,并不代表本网赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性,不承担此类作品侵权行为的直接责任及连带责任。其他媒体、网站或个人从本网转载时,必须保留本网注明的作品来源,并自负版权等法律责任。
  • 如涉及作品内容、版权等问题,请在作品发表之日起一周内与本网联系,否则视为放弃相关权利。





友情链接:

[网上传播视听节目许可证(0106123438)] [京ICP证040655号] [京公网安备:1101030424452] [京ICP备0502340号-1] 总机:86-10-8777886688 违法和不良信息举报电话:156989788000

FIFA前副主席被引渡至美国(英文)_u乐娱乐平台手机登录
Copyright(C)u乐娱乐平台手机登录www.nayoupin.com All Rights Reserved   
返回首页